A Quick Overview of Taberner House
Taberner House housed the main offices of Croydon London Borough Council until September 2013, and the building was demolished in 2015. It was located in Croydon, London, close to the old town hall, now known as the Croydon Clocktower.
Taberner House was built between 1964 and 1967, designed by architect H. Thornley, with Allan Holt and Hugh Lea as borough engineers.
- Although the Croydon Corporation had needed extra space since the 1920s, it was only with the imminent creation of the London Borough of Croydon that action was taken.
- It has its upper slab block narrowing towards both ends.
- It was named after Ernest Taberner OBE, Town Clerk from 1937 to 1963.