A Quick Overview of Davies Mews
Davies Mews is in the London area of Mayfair. The nearest station to Davies Mews is Bond Street Tube Station which is about 2 minutes to the North West.
The south side of Davies Mews was originally occupied principally by the individual coach-houses and stables of the houses on the north side of Brook Street, but on the north side, besides two 'cottages', there was a large complex of livery stables.
This extended to the east of the Running Horse public house in Davies Street and was also served by another yard on its north side which was entered through passages out of both Davies Street and South Molton Lane (see fig. 4 in vol. XXXIX).
- The whole ground here, including the site of the Running Horse, had been granted in one sub-lease in 1738 to Christopher Coates, gentleman, and Joseph Hinchcliffe, coachman, and in 1790 the stables were in the charge of a Christopher Coates, stable-keeper.
- In 1839–40 Joshua Higgs rebuilt all of the property here, including the public house, and he replaced the livery stables with new coach-houses and stables and a workshop for his own use.
- These were in turn demolished in 1902.